Anyone know how I can tollerate my neffew a bit better?

I want my 7 year old neffew to have fun while hes here..but I find him annoying :(

He stutters,and I KNOW its not his fault,but it seriously gives me a head ache.Im not trying to be mean,just honest.

He tells me what hes doing rather than asks me.

Hes loud :(

He talks to him self.

Ive tried taking breaks from him,grabbing some caffine SOMETHING but its killing me..

I really want to like him,hes friends with my son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• oh my god...
    KatieBellsMom

Answer by KatieBellsMom at 1:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• He is just a child, deal with it. Many things will annoy yo life, this is minor. Just be glad he is not with you all of the time. Peace.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Hes a kid. As some one that stutters (not as bad as when I was a kid) The bigger deal you make of it the worse it till be. And its spelled nephew.... ;)
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• LOL @ KatieBellsMom. I concur.
    I agree with these ladies.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My Dh's nephews annoy me also. but they are really mean to my DD.(shes 3 they are 5 & 6) and are really naughty kids.
    MelaniesMama

Answer by MelaniesMama at 1:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• all i can say is take it easy & try to find things he like take him to boomers or fun depot take him to the park or go rent a movie he likes get some coloring books with crayon tell him to draw something for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• . A child who stutters, & has other "quirky" behaviors often feels left out by other people. The fact that your son is friends with him, means your son has been able to overlook these behaviors. As an adult if you can step back, remember that you're his aunt, & that he looks to you for love & guidance, you can make a difference. I think if you lovingly guide his behavior, you may help him change it.....usually this takes time & patience, but when he TELLS you instead of asking you for permission, just say to him "are you asking for permission to play in the backyard?" then when he says yes give or don't give permission. "Are you asking for permission to play video games now?" if he says yes then you might say "Sure, but 1st you have to pick up the toys you were playing with."

Even if it's difficult, look for your protective motherly instincts, & try to act out of love not frustration, how would you want your son treated? GL
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i can be a bit sympathetic. i love my brother (8 years) but he can be such a handfull! his biggest problem is begging and begging and begging and whining when you tell him no. i just try to tell him that asking again and again does not change the answer! i would just try to be consistent with him, and take him to do something fun that will keep him occupied like going to the park, or for a bike ride.

Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Just remember that some people may find your child annoying (gasp!) so treat your nephew how you'd want your child to be treated if the situation were reverse.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 1:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• take your time and when he starts to stutter tell him to stop take a breath then ask him to repeat what he said, also when he gets loud just calmly remind him to use his indoor voice this will take time if he gets loud after the third time tell him to be quit and not say anything and listen to what he hears then whisper it in your ear. hope it helps.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 2:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2010