Why do other moms turn on each other when kids are dating.

Why can't they just let the kids do what they want. If they 18-19. Why do some women think they have to control every situation. Why is it that some families think it is ok to find evrything wrong with the other family. Do we really have woman and families out there that think they are perfect. Is it really ok to have your parents degraded by your gf or bf family. Guess my I am from another generation. I was taught RESPECT YOUR FAMILY AND STAND UP FOR YOUR FAMILY. Amazing. I do not claim to be perfect. I love my family and my children. They are my life. Wow! Such a hateful thing Moms against Moms???I am confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• I think it's because every parent thinks that no one is good enough for their child. So they have to try to find something wrong with anyone their child dates. No family is perfect, no person is perfect. But no it's not ok to degrade the other person's family, that just sucks.
    Anonymous

• Well---I really like my future son's-in-law family. And the girl one of my boys is dating is awesome:-) Seems my perfect kids found some other perfect kids out there:-) Go figure!
    Anonymous

• Sometimes the kids say things to turn one against the other so as not to deal with both of them.Thats what my daughter and her ex boyfriend did with his mom and I.
    tootsieyeatts

Answer by tootsieyeatts at 10:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I would love an answer to this...I adore my daughters fiance, I always thought his family was great. He says his dad thinks my daughter is great. But his mom is having fits. Called my daughter trash. Right now I'm thinking its jealousy, could that be it?
    I have a daughter - Moms of son - is jealousy every a factor when a girl is taking your sons time and he spend time with her and her family?
    MysticFerret

Answer by MysticFerret at 10:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I think it's because we all want whats best for our kids no matter how old they are but a lot of moms cross the line. I don't care who my kids are with as long as they are being treated with respect.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• well... not that my mom doesnt like my MIL but she told me that she feels the need to "protect" me. She said that when she annoys me or comes over constantly that she just feels the need to stand up for me because i wont back talk to her. idk if that helps.........
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Thanks to all that answered. My son had a talk with our whole family. Her parents want us out of the picture. They have lied to our son and he has admitted to this. He said if he doen't go along with it then they said he can't be with there daughter. Plus the mother get verbally abusive, and four months ago the had a physical confontation and verbally tears the daughter down and she is afraid to leave them. So, all this time I have worried about our son. Is a very good reason to worry. We have never been like that with him. lol I would like to now due to al the stress we have been under. This mother want to be mother of the year well my therapist said from everything that has come out she has a F. Shame on moms who tear down other moms. For those moms out there with children over 18 that put your family through this bull my heart go out to you! I know first hand how it feels. I hope we all find peace.!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• The hard part is trying to help teach your own child what is and what isn't proper behavior and what to consider when choosing a life partner. If the other mother is abusive or dangerous or lies or something of that nature how are you supposed to react to all of that and teach your own child. Ignoring it for the sake of politeness or to be supportive of any and all moms does not help raise your own child to make wise choices when it comes to selecting a lifelong partner. The other family is and will be a factor in their choice and in their life. I do not like the mother of the person my child is dating at all. She is negative beyond imagine, abusive verbally to her own child, loud, rude, and as selfish a mother as I have ever seen. This does concern me for my child. She is not safe to be around, and choosing this relationship is choosing a lifelong stress in dealing with her that could be avoided.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2008