What seasonings should I put on talapia for baking?

How long should I bake them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i like to make a special sprinkle for my fish. First, i rub some lemon on each side & then i sprinkle it with a bunch of herbs, like onion & garlic powder, chili pepper, paprika, black pepper, maybe a little fresh oregano. Then i pan fry it until the herbs are kind of crusty on each side. Super, Duper yummy!

I personally think the texture is better when pan frying fish over baking it. And it also cooks very fast.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Tilapia is fantastic with nothing more than a spritz of fresh lemon and freshly cracked black pepper. How long to bake depends on how thick it it. Bake just until the flesh becomes opaque an flakes. Over baking makes it rubbery. If you like spicey...cajun spices are excellent on tilapia topo.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• bake them until opaque and flaky, it will vary depending on your oven and the thickness of the filet. 15 minutes at 375 is what mine usually take. I like it with garlic, pepper, a little crushed red pepper and basil or with a little salt free lemon pepper ( i like to control the salt and only use very little). You can also put it in a foil packet with fresh veggies, garlic, pepper, and herbs. The foil pack will take about 20-25 minutes.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I spray them with butter flavored cooking spray and then sprinkle them with McCormick's salmon seasoning and bake them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. They are yummy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree...keep it simple. I've also used Italian seasoning, cajun and lemon pepper and I still prefer a little bit of salt and pepper and fresh lemon!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 1:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Lemon, pepper, and a little garlic are all great spices to try out. Not sure how well the lemongarlic would mix though.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010