Ive been dating this guy, When is a good time to talk about taking that step?

We've been dating 6 months, weboth have kids, we both came out of a ok mariage, just wasnt ment to be with that other person.

kendrawagner

Asked by kendrawagner at 5:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• Any step in a relationship there is no "right time" to take that step as far as puting a time frame on it. The right time is when you both FEEL it is the right time. Some people wait hours, some wait years. I waited a little longer with my husband because I knew he was something special. I am glad I did. He ended up being my knight and shining armour...and my lifelong partner.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 5:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• why talk about it. just let the chips fall where they may. you might scare him away if you bring the subject up. he may not be ready to advance it yet. your relationship will move on it's own volition. when he is ready he will let you know and he will feel that your ready too. my relationship moved quickly but it was truly meant to be. i had to catch up but when he told me he loved me i moved up pretty quickly.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I agree with Melody. I think actions speak louder than words. If the relationship seems good and you are happy, why force the issue by a "talk." Men often have a hard time with words and being forced into a subject like that can backfire. On the other hand, if you feel that things are not progressing and seeming to stagnate at that early level - you might have to carefully choose your words in the area of a conversation. But do keep it very light and simple so you don't appear clingy or needy about the relationship.

My bf and I nearly broke up at 6 months because he thought I was expecting something beyond where we were. I cleared it up with him fast and we have a wonderful relationship now (almost 2 years) and still growing and learning about each other.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Talk with him. Get him to tell you how he sees the future and you give him your vision, if the two are compatible....... It doesn't hurt to talk.

shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Nothing will make a man run back into the mancave faster than you bringing up marriage. They like to know it was their idea.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2008