Toddler Pronounced Dead, babysitter charged...

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-summit-cty-baby-sitter-charged-txt,0,5802119.story

Theres the link to the story , if it doesnt show up, I'll post it in the answers below. This story just broke my heart. Being a babysitter myself, I can not fathom hurting someone elses child. I can't fathom hurting my own either, of course...but to have the audacity to hurt another mothers child?My God...what is wrong with people? I know taking care of toddlers is frustrasting, damn...I've had 3 with me all week! But I would NEVER EVER allow myself to lose control and lash out on a baby like that!
Its people like this woman that gives us good babysitters a bad wrap. Can you imagine how that poor mother must feel? THe guilt of leaving her child with someone who hurt her?Shes probably pondering over what her last moments must have been like, she must have been so scared. That poor little angel. May God Bless her little Angel soul.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG!!!! how sad! this is why i have a problem leaving my kids with anyone! you cant trust anyone
    liltinymommy

Answer by liltinymommy at 1:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I honestly don't think I could watch the story...its makes me tear up just thinking about it. Thanks for the heads up, I will avoid the local news tonight and hug my little guy a little tighter.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm lucky to be able to stay at home. With the second, I was touring daycares, and miserable, crying all the time, nothing looked good to me. The more I see this stuff the luckier I realize I am.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• She didn't fault the mom. She explained why she is a stay at home mom.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Precisely why I am a stay at home mom!!!!!!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• This is what makes trusting someone with our kids so scary..some of us have to work and don;'t have family to help so yes we have to trust someone with our kids.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Sweetpeas3mom- You can't fault the mom for leaving her child in the care of someone. Not everyone has the means to stay home with their kids.

That being said. It is so sad when grown adults don't have to control and common sense to be trusted with a child!!! It makes me so mad to think that someone could do this to a baby!!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Everytime I read about doing something like this to a kid, my heart just breaks! I honestly believe, they should reserve the worst of the worst punishments for people who would hurt a child.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• How sad
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• even SAHMs are capable of hurting their child(ren)...just sayin'.

its a terrible to happen to any child (i didn't read the link/details), having someone hurt them, even to the point of death. no child deserves an angry adult lashing out at him/her. and i'm sure the mother was shocked, though no doubt, will blame herself at some point. (that's what is sad, also. )
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010