ok so i have this urge to have another little baby and to be pregnant really bad but it is not a good time right now and so i talked to my husband to try to take some of the urge away and we talked about when we can try but that wont be until may or june of next year so does anyone have any suggestions on how to ignore or fix the urge.

dani263

Asked by dani263 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• You have any friends with babies than you could babysit for them while they go out. Or search for a local orphanage in your area and you can volunteer there to work with the babies.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 5:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I was the same way for a while. I talked with Bryan and we said we would try at the end of the summer (2008). But it was a year and a half away when we said that!! I guess I was a little obsessive, but put it towards positive things. Like, I made sure I exercised a lot, because I wanted my body to be prepared. I packed in as many college classes as possible so I could make sure I graduated before the baby was born.

Now it's a year and half later, and we tried, and now I'm 3 1/2 months pregnant.

Start something totally new. Create a fake registry. Do some things to get it out of your system, and in a few months, you'll probably tire of baby, and lose the urge.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Well I dont have any kids yet and I cant lose the urge. We are going to start trying in December and my friends say I have "baby fever." I am 29 and all my friends are on their 2nd or third kid and we dont have ANY yet!!! Its all i think about and I just look around at things I am gonna buy, make lists and get myself "ready." Websites I really like I save ina file and Its fun----and it helps pass the time while your in limbo WAITING to try!!!!!!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Think about all you need to do and accomplish...the baby will need all of your attention once its here so whatever you are trying to finish is not going to get done. I have been thru this too, and now my daughter is 4. I wanted to try again 2 yrs ago, but I really wanted to finish school too. So now that I am almost done..maybe another year to go...I think I will start to try again soon...but keep in mind all that you want to finish before you want that baby :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You know what helps me? Finding a pregnant woman or a new baby and buying them a gift. I have to choose it carefully and spend lots of time in the baby section of the stores! lol. For me, it's a taste, but it gets me through. Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You can't fight it,

But can you afford it,

If not,,...than dont struggle think with sense,

Anonymous