How do you stay motivated to keep fit and eat healthy with busy schedules?

I'm always racing the clock and have a hard time getting a work out routine to stick. I work from home I get up at 5a to start working, I work till 7:30a then take a break to get my 3yr old ready for his half day at daycare, drop him off come back work till 12 then stop to pick him up get him home feed him a snack, lay him down for a nap, go back to work for a couple more hours while his napping, then by the time I'm done his awake then its time to play and hangout with him then its dinner time, hubby comes home helps cleans up dinner mess. then some qt time with family then bath and bed time by 9p then I'm to exhausted for anything.

fapalmtreemom

Asked by fapalmtreemom at 2:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You have to make time for you. I run early in the am if I can't get to the gym. You may want to have your hubby watch the kids while you're out on a run or at the gym. My motivation everyday is when I wake up and look into the mirror. Do I look the same when I met him or have I let myself go? Remember, you can workout at home and be more mindful of your eating habits. You'll be amazed how fast running will trim you down. I ran several LA Marathons and still train and run with my SO. I get honks when running on busy streets. You can be on the right track too. The question is, how much do you want it? If it was free and easy, everyone would look great, no?
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• ive always been really driven with exercise but when my son came making time was more difficult. i endd up joining a gym and sending him to the daycare ($30/month unlimited...a no brainer) and I see it not only as my exercise time but time away fro him. He is also learning both socialization skills and separating from me. I have to say because of this he is VERY well adjusted.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I just make the time. It can be hard to balance everything and when you spend time in one place, other time somewhere else gets sacrificed but it's worth it. I get up every morning and take my dog out either for a walk or a run, 2 miles or more. Then I usually do my "real" workout either mid-day when my baby is napping while my 3 yr old son plays by himself or I wait til after the kids go to bed and do it then. I am much happier when I take time for myself and of course the weight loss and toning that has come with it is awesome, not to mention all of the health benefits. YOU are important and you just have to make that time for yourself. I am on the go from 6am-11pm every day and I always make at least one hour just for ME!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 7:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have a huge fear of becoming fat. That is my motivator. I always carve out time for me. Even if I have to get up 20 minutes earlier. Also see if there are ways to add exercise to your day. Can you climb the stairs instead of taking the elevator? Walk to work instead of driving? things like that.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My "WHY" to stay healthy is the people I love. The best gift I can give them is setting an example of how to take care yourself. They may not always listen to your advice but they always watch what you do. So I watch what I eat, what I say, and what I do because I know they are watching too. It's my responsibility as a parent to teach them how to be the best they can be. Health is at the top of the list.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2010