Bedroom Decor? Or just about anywhere else in the house....

Ok, so I have a SLIGHT problem. I want a color coordinating, relaxing, home-y, "pretty", semi-modern, etc. house.....but my SO only picks out or agrees to black and steel :/

While that would be ok for MAYBE just one room, I don't want my house to be gloom & doom central or look like I'm in my own black & white movie. He's not too insistent on it, but I do want something he likes too.

So, does anyone have any ideas on how to convince him that "color is the new black and steel" or maybe help incorporate it into a nice look? We're getting a new apartment so we are able to start from scratch but because its renting we can't do things like wallpaper or too many holes in the walls.

Deathlilly

Asked by Deathlilly at 2:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• maybe he is afraid you will get to girly with the decor. try using splashes of color like pillows and throws. the paint on my walls is neutral but all the assessories are color and lots of it. So when we go to sell the house (soon I hope) I will not have to repaint except for touch ups
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Im repainting my dining room/kitchen in cream and periwinkle and Im doing my living room in black and white with red touches, and my bathroom is brown and blue. Try googling wall decals or look them up on ebay, they are pretty cheap, peel right off the wall when you are done and come in amazing designs, Im doing a dogwood tree branch with a bird on it for my dining room and big damask wall decals in black on either side of the black and white pics I have of my baby on my living room wall and then Im going to do black and white damask curtains and red pillows and blanket to add some color
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Blend other colors in with what sounds like his "ultra modern" design theme. Like in a kitchen, you can use the black and steel with bright red, which would definitely add color and spark, but still look tasteful.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010