do u need your DH/SO?

Is it healthy to feel like u need emotional support from your SO? When the world s caving in on u and u feel lost. Things are stressing u out. You feel disconnected from others. Is it wrong to turn to ur spouse and say, I just need u.? If you've been fighting with him and he hurt ur feelings, is it okay to need him still? Or are u just being a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• People need other people. Your SO should be the person that will stick with you through everything, not just the good times, therefore to call on them to help you during time of emotional distress is not to say that you need them to survive, but to show that you trust them enough so that in you most frail state you'll call on them to help, love, and comfort you.

Confiding in someone about the bad in your life, as well as the good, is the most honest form of trust, love, and great friendship. No relationship will ever survive without those things.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 2:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• NO! That's what a partner in life is really supposed to be there for!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• if it makes me a baby then i am. i would love it if my dh was more like my friend and i was less like that family slave. i'm guessing this is not how it should be.
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 2:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I meant NO as in it's not just being a baby and not wrong to turn to him lol. YES to everything else!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I am a strong, independent woman, but everyone needs someone. When Im having a bad day or just ill, I know a phone call to my fiance makes me feel better. DF is a truck driver and is gone all week, when he gets home, I just need that shoulder to lean on.

JCGoneLoony

Answer by JCGoneLoony at 2:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010