do u need your DH/SO?

Is it healthy to feel like u need emotional support from your SO? When the world s caving in on u and u feel lost. Things are stressing u out. You feel disconnected from others. Is it wrong to turn to ur spouse and say, I just need u.? If you've been fighting with him and he hurt ur feelings, is it okay to need him still? Or are u just being a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I need my husband for support. It doens't make you weak, makes you human. We all need support. If you still want support from him even if he hurt your feelings, then to me that says that you still have strong feelings for him.
    Gummie_Bear

Answer by Gummie_Bear at 2:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• People need other people. Your SO should be the person that will stick with you through everything, not just the good times, therefore to call on them to help you during time of emotional distress is not to say that you need them to survive, but to show that you trust them enough so that in you most frail state you'll call on them to help, love, and comfort you.

Confiding in someone about the bad in your life, as well as the good, is the most honest form of trust, love, and great friendship. No relationship will ever survive without those things.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 2:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• people need other people that is just the way it is. We are social beings. I need my DH for support and he needs me. He is the person I turn to when I am having a bad day and he is the person I turn to when I want to share my good day.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Of course I need my Husband for emotional support! That is one of the things that bond a couple together! Honestly, I see no weakness in that I need him, no more than I would think that it made him weak because he needed me!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Not all adults are capable or emotionally fit enough to take on major emotions from another person. If I were feeling like you say in your post, I'd be getting myself to a therapist. Only I can fix me. A partner can be supportive, but in excess, someone who is really down needs professional help. Not a layman. And it's too much responsibility to place on a partner or friend.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes,I do need him. He's my rock.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes I need him
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Your s/o is suppose to be your best friend, so most likely you do feel you need him. That doesn't mean you don't need outside freinds also, esp. a girl friend you can talk to and confied in.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i need my husband... he is my better half.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 5:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• without a doubt. He is my rock. He is amazing.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2010