My 6 month old rolled off the bed...

I had my 6 month old laying on my bed to change her and I had only got one wipey bc I thought she'd only peed but has more waiting for me lol I got up just long enough to walk like 6 steps and she took off and rolled off the bed...she cried for a few minutes so I think she's ok, but it's her naptime and she's wanting to go to sleep but I know when someone hits their head you're not supposed to let then go to sleep for a certain amount of time. She doesn't have any knots or anything on her head but I'm still worried about her wanting to go to sleep. Is it ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as she is acting ok then she is fine. Dh had dd on the couch when she was about 4 months old, he was sitting there with her but we were talking and he wasn't paying attention. Before he realized it down she went. Landed right on her head too. She screamed bloody murder for about 30 seconds, but once I got her paci and gave her some cuddles she was perfectly fine and smiling again. I think it does more damage to the parents than to the babies!! If she's acting ok, then I would say she is ok.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would make her stay awake 1 hour then let her sleep just watch her and when she wakes up make sure she is acting normal. In the future put pillows on both sides of her so it does not happen again and try having everything you made need when you are changing the diapers. Or change her in her bed so she can not fall if you need to walk a way.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• how high was the bed? do her pupils look normal?
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 2:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I went to go check on the food and my daughter rolled out the bed. I felt like such a bad mother,she was okay though. I just did a test like make sure she could follow my finger ect. just have all the stuff you need before you change the diaper.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 2:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i agree suzzanna... i always surrounded mine with pillows or laid them on the floor. it's a scary thing...
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 2:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Unless the fall was more than 2 1/2 feet it is not likely to cause an injury. Unless your floor is concrete or brick, I wouldn't worry about it. This is only the first fall in a long line of falls. Babies are pretty resiliant. Watch for vomiting, nausea is a sign of a concussion.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010