how do i tell her to go away?

the next door neighbor kid comes over all the time! from the time SHE gets up till i tell her to go home cause we r going to bed. she will come ask to play with my girls and stay till i make her go home then 30 mins later she's at the door again! i do tell her that they cant play sometime. but then 30 mins there she is again. since she comes over all the time and stays forever it's taking a toll on me. i already have 7 kids i take care of. and i always send her home when we eat. i cant afford to feed her breakfast lunch and dinner on top of the snacks that i give the babies. and if we r leaving to go somewhere or my kids r playing in the back she stands at the fence and just stares at us! ugh i hate that! and now her mom has started to ask if i can take care of her now and then when her dad has to go to the dr. ugh i dont want to say no, but i cant take it! what do i do?

teddybear2272

Asked by teddybear2272 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Explain to the mother you have 7 kids to take care of and adding another one to the mix is just hard.. that you will have your kids come over to get her if they want to or are allowed to play.... This way she knows the boundries.. I had this same problem I had 3 kids 2 little ones to take care of my self.. and my neighbor had 2 kids and she wanted me to keep them sometimes then she started to abuse the provledge.. so I cut her off completely. loll..
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If possible, go ahead and say you can take care of her, and then make it clear that you will be charging the mom for every hour the child is at your house.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You can very politely and firmly explain you have 7 of your own & your not able to take on another child. As far as the food explain things are tuff now a days, and it's hard enough feeding the ones you have, but you can't keep feeding her. When it's time to eat she needs to go home, and if the kids can play, you'll call, we have other plans sometimes, even if it's quiet time..Some people just have to be TOLD or they'll just keep on going just like the, who is it : the everready rabitt?
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Do you know her parents? How is her home life? I can understand not wanting her there all the time and needing to set boundaries. But I'm wondering about what her parents are up to? I would want to be sure that there wasn't some sort of abusive situation going on. Make sure she actually WAS being fed. Etc. That's not really "normal" behavior.

If I were in your shoes, I'd introduce myself to the parents (if you haven't already). I'd try to feel out the situation before taking action.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Agreed w buddy...Next time she comes over, let her know in little kids language that you will send one of your children over when hey're ready to play. Tell mom that if her daughter's going to be there for the majority of the day, then you would like the little girl to bring over snacks; and let her know you will be sending the girl home for lunch. If you want to sit, let mom know firmly that you will charge by the hour (hello, 7 kids aren't cheap!) so she doesn't think she can get a free ride since her daughter's over there so often anyway. If you don't want to then firmly say that.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 3:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• her parents r really her grandparents, but have had her since she was 2, now 7. but they just moved in with my next door nieghbor who is also a grandma. so i guess she wants to come over all the time cause there r kids here. but it just bugs me that they let her come 3, 4, 5 times to ask to play. i would let mine go over but the older ones (9,10 and 11) dont really play with her, it's the little ones (two 4yr olds and a 2 yr old) that play. and i just dont feel comfortable sending them over there. as for the food, she is on a special diet due to her weight and diebtic. but if i dont watch her she'll get in the fridge and get whatever. that's another reason i dont want her here all day. and i have told her that they will go get her,m but she just cant wait! and when we get home we arent even out of the car and she comes asking.
    teddybear2272

Comment by teddybear2272 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Poor girl, sounds like she craves attention!
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 4:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010