what would ur SO do if u were crying?

if you were upset and crying, because of a fight you had or was having with your SO, what does he do? Would he listen to u cry yourself to sleep as he falls asleep? Do you ever go to bed mad and in a fight with your so that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• We do not fight in that manner any longer.

If I am upset enough to be crying about something. My husband (regardless of why I'm crying) does his utmost best to understand why I'm crying, and his utmost best to console me and make me feel better.

I never just lay at night crying or cyr myself to sleep. Because for me personally, I find that a pointless exercise that doesn't make the situation (whatever reason I'm crying) any better. Talking about the reason and trying to work it out is the way I handle something like that. And my husband, we works together with me in order to try and work out whatever is bothering me.. Ignoring me, or just going to sleep while I'm upset, is working against me not with me, and ultimately makes the situation worse in the long run. So my husband does not do that.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Be supportive and give me hugs, a shoulder to cry on, and a listening ear.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm not much of a crier. The few times I've been that upset, SO has been very supportive. But it's never really been because we were having a disagreement. It's usually something external to us or sheer frustration on my part.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We didn't fight that often and I seldom cry, so when he would see me cry for any reason he would hold me and try and do what he could to make things better.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It really depends because sometimes I cry so he can't hear me. However we've had a really rough couple of years, and most of the time he holds me, tells me he's sorry or just in general tries to calm me down and reassure me everything will be okay.

When I was suicidal and couldn't get out of bed to even shower, he stayed with me to keep me safe and held me when I cried uncontrollable pretty much about nothing; and this was after I left him and my children last year. When the man I cheated on him with left me, my husband was there holding me as I cried like a school girl from a broken heart. My husband is truly amazing, even with all his faults and the things that drive me crazy - I know he loves me.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• mine gets angry when I cry bcause it makes him feel guilty
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• When we were young & not married long, he told me not to cry, that stuff won't work on me. Yes, I hate to say he has gone to sleep w/me crying. I on the other hand usually even if mad will say good night & give him a kiss, not a real happy one. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• He would just sit there and stare at me like I was an alien or someting. That's the normal reaction I get.
    Regina31005

Answer by Regina31005 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• He has gotten a lot better. He most of the time will try and comfort me and then we can talk it out.
    KandDsmama1

Answer by KandDsmama1 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Mine sits there and watches me when he knows I'm crying just kinda shaking his head. He use to hug me and say it was gonna be ok, but not anymore! Most time I hold my crying til hes asleep then I get back up and spend the night on the couch crying!
    momof3xthefun

Answer by momof3xthefun at 11:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010