Has this happen to you and is it possible to happen a second time>

With my youngest son ( he is 1 1/) I went into labor with him at 32 weeks and contraction were close and I dilated to 1 1/2cm.. They were able to stop it and he was born at 37 weeks even... Well I was wondering if it could happen again, I am currently pregnant with my third. I am only 21 weeks along now but i am experiencing BH already nothing serious and its normal. Has this happen to you in pregnancy and has it happen with your other children?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 2:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Previously having a premature labor puts you in a high risk group for it to happen again. Make sure your OB is aware of the history. Don't be surprised to find yourself on bedrest as the pregnancy progresses. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I went into labor early with my 2nd and he was 4 weeks early and my youngest was late so it doesn't mean that it will happen again but it's something you should let your doctor know so he can monitor you more closely.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have never dealt with premature labor, but I do have 3 kids. My BH contractions did start earlier and were much more painful with the 3rd pregnancy. They started around 20ish weeks.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My doctor has taken care of me through all my pregnancy so he is aware. I just don't want the baby to come early
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010