Lazy Environmentalists...

So, I have become slightly obsessed with this show "The Lazy Environmentalist." The basic idea is that if it's not easy to be green, people generally won't do it. The show focuses on products and practices which allow you to go green, without costing you extra time, money or energy...

The issue is most of the shows are for businesses and such, and not the every day household - although they all have great tips and tricks anyone can use.

Anyways, what are your tips? What "lazy green" products do you use or that you would recommend?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use my own bags...just put them in the back of my SUV and grab when I go into stores. I recycle, I also consign clothes or give to charities. I use a fitlered water system to eliminate bottles of water. I also rarely throw something out. I always try to use everything I can again and again. I unplug things not in use. I save about 40/month on electric. I use all energy efficient lightbulbs. Hope this helps!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I switched to Eco-Sense products - I have saved money and time - they work great, are eco-friendly, cost effective and they are delivered directly to my home - I highly recommend them. You can take a look at the site: www.SaferForYourHome.com - feel free to contact me if you would like more information.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• kind of lazy here,
    but i clean my toilet with baking soda and vinegar.

my kids like to pour it in cause it bubbles and it's a mini science lesson.

i clean everything with vinegar, so it doesn't cost me a small fortune in cleaning products.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 12:03 AM on Aug. 14, 2010