The dreaded "C-word" lol

I always thought of it as the worst possible name a woman could be called. I just learned though, that in Australia and New Zealand, it's a term of endearment! lol It's interesting how one word can carry so many different emotions and meanings in different parts of the world. Learn something new everyday! lol

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 2:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't even know what it means, I've never been called it though
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Many words people use now a days always have many meanings. Like bitch means pregnant female dog, fag means bundle of sticks....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It's actually just used in just normal conversation in much of Europe as well. Someone is a cunt when they tell a bad joke, or do something stupid.. The word is used like we use "dumbass.. idiot... jerk"" ect.. It's used on any gender, for a mulititude of reasons, some derogatory some not so derogatory... It's not used in a negative terms directed towards mainly women like it is here.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Learn something knew on here all the time. I still wont use it LOL> I don't use the word ignorant either because soooo many people do not know what it means and will take it as meaning stupid!
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• LOl kiss! The word ignorant is misused A LOT. I've heard people say the word is racist, that it means rude, stupid, mean, and there are more, but those are the main ones that come to mind. There was one time I referred to myself as being ignorant to something because I was new to it, and a guy actually said to me,"You can't be ignorant, you're white!" I just looked at him and said,"Woooooow!"
    nicolemstacy

Comment by nicolemstacy (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yeah, I don't see the problem. Brits throw the "C-word" around like it's no big deal - the best example is in the movie Shaun Of The Dead: they're all sitting @ the bar, and one friend walks up and says 'excuse me, but would any of you cunts like a drink?' like it's nothing, and it cracks me up! I wish we could talk like that on this side of the "pond" without people getting their panties in a twist...
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• lol I use this word when my kids aren't around. I don't direct it toward women. Just stupid people lol.
    LittleMissMe

Answer by LittleMissMe at 10:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2010