IM CONFUSED HELP PLEASE

OK SO MY SIL TELLS ME SHE IS 6 WEEKS PREGNANT BUT THE CORPUS LUTEUM ISNT THERE. I WAS TRYING TO FIND MORE INFORMATION ON THIS. I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT CAN HER PREGNANCY SURVIVE OR NOT. SHE CLAIMS DOCTOR PUT HER ON ESTROGEN PLEASE ANYONE!!!!! <-- SHE IS A COMPULSIVE LIAR SO IM TRYING TO FIND OUT IF ITS TRUE OR NOT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• what does it matter if she is pregnant or not? is it going to change anything?
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 2:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I am not too sure. If the fetus is going to survive it will.. If not, well then she will have a miscarriage. There is no way to tell if she will or not though.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Well I can tell you one thing they would put her on Progesterone not Estrogen.

Btw my ovaries aka the corpus luteum crap out and stop producing enough hormone around 8 weeks this is why I lost two consecutive pregnancies at exactly 8w4d each. This time I was on progesterone supplement for 14 weeks and I am currently 24w5d pregnant with a very healthy boy.

If she is pregnant and using progesterone yes the pregnancy can survive.
    People who have IVF don't have a corpus luteum and their pregnancy DEPENDS solely upon the progesterone creams/injections/suppositories they are given at the clinic.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Whoops I should add that the supplemental progesterone or corpus luteum only support the pregnancy until the second trimester when the placenta has taken over hormone production completely.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010