For those who think there are jobs out there just waiting for someone to take them

Please watch this
http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html

Study it closely when it gets to the end - that will illustrate where we were as of May, the numbers have actually gotten worse since then - and then come back and tell us with a straight face where ALL the people in the purple and black counties should go for jobs considering the average population of all the yellow counties.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html

Added bonus - exactly how many different places on that map do you see numbers going from purple to yellow instead of yellow to purple?

NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I know the jobs are worse without that map or whatever it is..I am a CNA when it takes 3mos to get a job for me the job market is BADDD...Typically it takes a week to get a job as a CNA!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Some of the same people that are calling people lazy and "de-motivated" ar eat the same time saying how horrible the jobs are in this country due to Obama's policies...

So pick one...Either there are PLENTY of JOBS and you are LYING about Obama's policies...or there aren't jobs and a NEED for the U/E extensions for your fellow Americans...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Not sure exactly who you are calling out here, I have never once suggested the problem wasn't bad and I most definitely have never once insinuated Obama's policies are doing anything to help the problem.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Every time I see something like this, I can't help but think how LUCKY we were. DH got laid off in April of 08, and found something almost immediately, but it didn't start for three months. We made it on very little income and used most of our savings to make it through, and he has done well.

I look at this and I think how lucky we were it happened when it did.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Not you NP. I read the other thread, you have been consistent. Many have not been

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thanks for this post. I have been unemployed for awhile and I didn't know how to say what you've said.
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• ya i just need a part time job to pay bills while i am in school and that is going to be a chore i fear it... i have till the end of September to find a job - any job
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think this issue is kind of like the food stamp issue and the welfare issue, to me at least. There are people abusing FS and when I speak out against the abuses to FS I am speaking of THOSE people and with the loopholes could be beter closed. I also think many are on it that dont understand the concept of NEEEEEED vs WANT. as in you NEEEEED food, you waaaant the internet. Thats how I feel about this. I KNOW there are many who cant find jobs. But I wonder how many there are that fall into the "not going to work THERE", "I can stay on unemployment for a while they keep extending it", "not leaving this 25 mile radius to look", "I am entitled to this and ANY money because I paid taxes" categories. Unfortunately it's ALWAYS the bad apples that ruin the bunch! AND I dont understand WHY those that are such ardent Obama supporters dont realize how much HARM he is doing with his policies!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I keep telling those hard up to come to TX. They are handing jobs out left and right. In fact they are importing whole companies from Cali. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010