How can I fix my boy's jeans?

All 3 of my boys, ages 2, 7, and 9 wear the knees out in thier pants within a couple times of wearing them. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to either prevent it or fix them?

momof3boys01

Asked by momof3boys01 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Buy the kid proof jeans at Sears. lol They come with reinforced knees. For jeans you already have get some iron on denim patches and iron the on the inside of the knees. :)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I recommend ironing on those iron on patches to the inside of new pants, makes the knees last longer.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Just saw a bunch of people said that about patches on the inside....guess I'm not as original as I thought...lol!!!!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 3:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• When my boys were little, I used to find cute little iron on patches at Walmart and they were great for getting a little more life out of a pair of jeans. You could also look for them at fabric stores. I found that they stayed on better if I stitched around them after I had ironed them on.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Put patches on them.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Put them in shorts! lol Or knee pads maybe?
    I second the iron ons.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree with the patches. My son wears the knees out of any jeans except regular Rustlers which is nice because they cost less than some of the others.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 3:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yupe the iron on patches is what I use aswell, and to get them to last even longer, I stitch them on aswell as ironing them in place or I find they "roll" back off after wearing and washing .
    Also I have stopped buying the jeans that are distressed (u know: holes already in them or washed to look lighter)or made from a thin material.
    Lastly, I sometimes put the iron on patches or other iron on material on the INSIDE of the pant legs right when I have bought them to prevent tearing.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 3:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my son does the same thing so I started to spend the extra money and go to sears to get them cause they have that deal where if the clothes wear out before your kids grow out of them you can take them back and replace them for free. Just a thought and then the clothes will be good enough to pass down so they get more use out of them.
    binder5

Answer by binder5 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I do the patches on the inside, too. Except not for kids, for DH. He wears through the knees very quickly (he repairs refrigerators, most of the time he's kneeling on the floor).
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 6:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010