i feel completly dumb for asking this but is it normal

to not get your period until 2 months after bfing then have it every month, then at the 5 months it is late? Does this mean im pregnant or is the bfing making the period delay again? has anyone dealt w/ this or can they give me input? thanx.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• are you talking about after you ahve a baby ? if yes then i dint get my period back for like 6 months but i also bleed for like 4 months it was crazy ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• yes after... Did it come and then go again?
    Anonymous

• oh ya my period was so screwed up for like a year and a half after my first ... lol it was so horrible ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• when i had my son i bleed for 1 day then i didn't bleed for 12 weeks and after that it was weird it would come then go for 2 weeks then come and go again for 6 weeks it took about 6 months of bleeding to get back to normal. I didn't bf though. he was a premie and couldn't latch.
    Anonymous

• oh so it can happen, well thanks for sharing your experience w/ me i appreciate you helping ease my mind w/ my situation! :)
    Anonymous

• I am still breastfeeding,but I have had my period once in almost 8 months. That was a few months ago. I had a few days of what was sort of like spotting about 2 months before my period came. I have not had a cycle again. I think that breastfeeding sort of throws off the cycle for a while. If you are worried, take a home pregnancy test. If it shows up negative and you are still worried, see a doctor or take another test in a week or two.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 5:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Your body is still adjusting to the post-maternity hormone levels. It's normal for your period to be screwy for quite some time.

But have you been using protection? That is a big factor as to whether or not there's a chance you're pregnant.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 5:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Sounds like you're pregnant. Get a test.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008