Uniforms in Public Schools.....

I would be THRILLED! Would you?

Mommy_0f_many

Asked by Mommy_0f_many at 2:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in

• achually I believe every school should have uniforms. My oldest is starting kindergadren this year and they have to wear uniforms although we have to buy them lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think it would be wonderful in the middle & high. Teens are so mean. Not every girl is small or has the money to buy big named items but for personality health I think they should have casual Fridays.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No if I wanted my children in uniform then I would have sent them to a private school. The only reason why you see trashy teens wearing those outfits is because most of the time the parents buy them for the kids.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My son does have to wear uniforms in his public school. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I can see both sides of this one. Honestly, it would make my son getting ready in the mornings a lot easier, lol. But, I can see the argument that it limits individuality too!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No....my son had them in kinder but we moved 3mos into the year and he doesn't have them anymore. I don't care for uniforms.I don't have issues dressing them and in elementary school think they are stupid. I could see the need in higher grades.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• A few years ago, our public schools inacted a very strict dress code and it was a concern about whether or not a shirt was "dress code approved" so yes I would have been more happy with uniforms, then I wouldn't have to worry everytime my kid went to school about whether or not the clothes fit the dress code.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• definitely would cut down on the trashy little teenagers I see!

but yeah, I like the idea. my kids' public school they'll go to has uniforms. They'll have different color options for their shirts but that's about all they can pick.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I love that my kids have to wear them my kids are teenager lots of money if they did not wear uniforms
    karensavell

Answer by karensavell at 2:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• maybe.. but i don't have to worry about this cause our school district doesn't have uniforms. the county school district next to us does and most of the schools there are public and they have to wear a uniforms.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

Next question in
back to school backgrounds

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Is this common? (about CPS)