How many of you have seniors out there?

My son is going to be a Senior this school year. I am excited and scared at the same time. I'm excited because he will be out of school but then scared because he will be going off to college and starting his life. I still have 2 more kids to get through school too but this one is my first born and it is scary. Don't want opinions just wanted to see how many other mom's out there have seniors and if they feel the same way.

cindy3511

Asked by cindy3511 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My son is not a senior yet,but I know how u feel. It is a scarey world out there.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I don't have any seniors this year..but I've been there, felt that. My oldest was the hardest to see graduate. My 'baby', however, was the hardest to let go of when he moved off to college.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm in the exact same boat!! My DD is a senoir this year!! I have one that is a sophomore this year and another in the 6th grade. Time goes so fast!!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes it is scary but I am lucky because the state is paying for his first 2 yrs maybe all 4yrs of college, I will just have to pay for the books so as long as he stays in school he can live at home, which I don't mind at all.
    cindy3511

Comment by cindy3511 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Same here - Senior, sophomore, 6th grader - but I'll add a 3rd grader to the mix. I am excited for my DD (the senior) she has so many things planned, but I know it's going to fly by and this time next year, I'm going to be standing outside of a college dorm trying to keep it together remembering kindergarten - it really wasn't that long ago.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 3:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have already been through this and remember it like it was yesterday! It was an exciting time, but I cried most of the way back from taking him to school (a six hour car ride)!! Then off and on for about two weeks. After that we went to parents weekend and it was such a relief to see that he was OK. What a sap I was! How could he make it without me?! Our youngest going to school was easier, of course, but just as exciting. Don't worry, he will still need you! Cherish it all. Have a great year. It will be a wonderful emotional ride.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have a Senior, a Junior and a Kindergartener. I worry because his college fund is gone, he can't get a driver's license until he is 18 because I can't afford driving school or a car for him, there are no jobs anywhere around us and he only has one class this year. What should be a great time is so depressing... everywhere you look.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• mine are grown, but I do remember those days. Enjoy them while you can.
    kaedrasgma

Answer by kaedrasgma at 4:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My dd will be a senior this year, and I couldn't agree with you more. I am so proud of the woman she is becoming and yet having such a hard time letting go of my little girl. She too is my first born and I only have 1 after her. The thought of her leaving and going to college is both the most exciting thing and it scares me to death. I know she will be fine, hell if I can do it anyone can! But I am having a hard time getting use to her growing up, dating, driving, ect.....There are times I could strangle her, but I really just want to hold on to her for dear life!!!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I don't. My last 2 sons just graduated in May and the one left for Army basic training on 7/20 andd the other leaves for college on Saturday. It's hard to believe how fast the years have flown by but I am so looking forward to alone time with my husband now ;-)
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2010