How long will I grieve?

It's been over two years since we have lost our stillborn daughter, Kadence. I think about her everyday.... I have 2 healthy and beautiful children but I still can't get over this pain. :o(

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree with the others. It takes a long time. And it is perfectly normal to think about her often. I went to a counselor once and she told me that everyone grieves at their own pace, but if you can not go about your daily routine/business then there might be a problem. She asked me to return only if I felt "stuck" and could not get through everyday. Remember, too, that your loss is not the usual order of things. We are not supposed to lose our children. We are supposed to pass on before them. Be good to yourself and know you are OK. My condolences.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• There is no time limit on grieving. You grieve at your own time and pace and in your own way. It will get better I promise. It will always hurt thinking about her but the pain will will slowly ease. I'm sorry for your loss.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• That hole that baby left you with will never really completely close, it is a scar that will be there forever, but do not let it interfere with the lives of your kids now, or yours for that matter, life goes on and you have to too. The grieving process is slow moving, hang in there mom, you will be ok. hugs!

Answer by older at 3:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree there's no set time on grieving. I lost my son 3yrs ago I still think about him. I always wonder how he would be if he was here.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Hon,I still grieve for my daughter Caitlin that we lost in 2000 due to stillbirth. my soul is missing a piece that I will never get back. Things will get better,but will never be the same. Give yourself time to cry anytime you need it. Don't let anyone tell you you can't grieve. I'd be more worried if you had totally moved on from her.
    I'm so sorry for you. My condolences........

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010