Have you heard of...?

Has anyone out there heard of a virtual assistant? Is it any good? How do I get started?? I'm currently a SAHM of 5 boys, so I would really rather do something like the virtual assistant rather than finding a job (due to the expense of daycare) - what can you tell me & how can I start?! THANKS!

mama_of5

Asked by mama_of5 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• I was looking into it. I don't know much about it as a profession, but google it you can find a TON of information. I am a business owner for AmeriPlan USA. PM me for more information.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I agree, just google it. Or go to Monster or some other job listing site, might find something like that there. Not sure though. I have heard of moms on here doing stuff with LiveOps, West(I can't think of some others...sorry) But most of them want your house quiet. So if you can't have quiet they won't hire you.

Good luck!!!

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 6:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Hello My name is MAria and I work at home check this out and see if you can see your self doing this from home.

Currently we are looking for PT or FT Benefit Specialists, Recruiters and Trainers. All positions are 100% home based, even all your training takes place from home as well. In order to work with AmeriPlan® it is required that you have phone, internet and a computer.

Briefly we offer:

Paychecks Cut Daily
    Direct Deposit
    401(k)
    Make your own hours and schedule
    FREE benefits for your whole family
    Ongoing Training
    Part-time or full-time work available immediately
    No hard Selling
    No telemarketing or cold calling
    No products and no collecting payments
    Make $500-$1800 your very first month working PT
    For additional information and to request a telephone interview to learn more and see if AmeriPlan® is right for you please click on our site below
    Sexy-Jesse

Answer by Sexy-Jesse at 6:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Once again... stop pimping your "businesses"! Mama of 5 is looking for information about BEING A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT.

Mama, I hope you get some real answers and not just spam. I tried looking up information about being a virtual assistant before, and I didn't find anything conclusive. Good luck!
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 10:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I never heard of that, but you may want to consider a home based business in the wellness & network marketing industries..These industries are the ones creating 10 million NEW millionaires in the next 10 years. Please visit my homepage and email me or call me for more information.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have heard of a couple sites. One is arise.com and the other is http://www.freedomtelework.com/
    Both are call centers or virtual assistants fromhome. The only thing is you have to be in a place where you have no distractions of noise while working. I have checked them both out and they seem pretty good. I am in the middle of my process with arise so if you need help let me know. And no its not a referral system of any kind, just basi home job!

I hope this helps!
    markayda3

Answer by markayda3 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• thanks guys - i've found 3 good ones now off the ones you gals have given me.
    No, I do not want to be with Ameriplan. It's stupid because the benefits don't apply to South Dakota residents, so there's just no point in (& more difficult) to try to sell the benefits of something that I can't even reap myself!! Thanks, though.
    Thank you ChapelleCDH - I hate it when people do that, just because I say I want to work from home - I asked for a specific vocation, not just something like that! I've tried so many things before, I want something that's not going to cost me money to do. (Ameriplan has a $50 overhead cost every month!!!!!!! RIDICULOUS!!! Cheaper than Melaluca, though!) So, it looks like (so far, without too much research into them) that Arise.com and the LiveOps look like a couple of pretty good ones! Any more help would be GREATLY appreciated! THANKS EVERYONE!!!! :)
    mama_of5

Answer by mama_of5 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Hey I found a couple more that may be of interest to you. I just signed up with chacha. also there is the appointment biz, the keeneteam, and VOT. These are all virtuall asiistant jobs. You just have to have a hefty resume but the site i got them fromis great and they are all legit!!!!
    markayda3

Answer by markayda3 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 10, 2008