induction question for 2nd time parents(with difficult first inductions)

so my first induction.. FAILED went in at 38 weeks failed,sent home..39 weeks failed sent home then she came on own at 40 weeks 3 days, anywho pregnant again different clinic, they want to induce again due to diabetes, well im scared to do it again cause if i can go on my own just when my body wants.. i don't want to risk them doing a c-section cause i have to stay there till baby comes she said they won't send me home. now my question anyone have a long induction the first time but a faster shorter one the 2nd?

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 3:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a 24 induction the first time and I stayed away from any hospital the second time and had my baby with a midwife. All i can tell you is that statistically 50% of all inductions end up in C-sections for various reasons. So I guess you have the same chance trying to deliver on your own without being induced.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 3:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree with "icanbeabitch"
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• As the days near your blood pressure and sugar levels, plus the heartrate of the baby are the elements of what the dear Dr.'s go by.

This unfortunately hasn't got a stick to do with what "mom" has to say. You are entitled to say what you want, ask, and even suggest, but in the end decision it's up to the doctor and the indicators of what levels you/baby are showing.

That is what the delivery is based on.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yai know but tech i dont have to go into the hospital for an induction they can't come arrest me lol and i mean if during my NST's and the weekly ultrasounds show she is fine no stress or anything i really rather not go through it again, so i mean if she shows any distress id be there in a heartbeat getting her out but my dd was perfect at 40 weeks 3 days with gest. diabetes then too
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Are you stuck at this particular clinic? I would sit with your provider and your records from your last pregnancy and ask them what SPECIFICALLY they are basing this induction recommendation on. No, they cannot force you without a court order, but they could dismiss you as a patient. I would find the group for your state at the link below and see if you have other options for a provider.

Tribal Areas

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• To you, what are the risks-benefits, pros-cons?

Sounds like you know it's safe to wait and take it one thing at a time.
    If there are no complications, why add the possibility? (unnecessary risk)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010