would you buy your 8 year old dd a bra if she really wanted one?

Ok so my dd turns 8 tomorrow and my hubby and in laws are upset with me because I got her two bras as a bribe to pull out a tooth. Her other tooth was growing in and her friends were wearing them. I didnt see a problem with it but now I am second guessing myself.

binder5

Asked by binder5 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would get her one. She might as well get used to wearing them. Does she need it yet?
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 3:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No she does not but I would rather let her have them now then fight her when she really does need them!
    binder5

Comment by binder5 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Doesn't hurt to get a training bra. Daddy probably just doesn't want to think about his little girl growing up.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No, Id say 10 is a good age unless she really needs it at 8!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yep, I would. Are they scared she's going to have sex just because she has a bra? Geeze. They are probably the type that will let her get all the way to a D cup before they buy one or wait until 18...because they think she is too young.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Not if she doesn't need them..........
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 3:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My 7 yr old granddaughter won't wear a shirt without a camisole on. She says her nipples get sore from the material. A couple times while playing she has hit her chest and I could tell it hurt her. I do not think 8 is too young.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yeah. I'd get her one, why not? Its an undergarment. Just like underpants. They have the ones that are like little sports bras or like little tshirts. Don't second guess yourself...its not a big deal . They'll get over it. Tell your dh you got the girl things under control, to leave it to you and be quiet,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• cant hurt her! and she will have to soon im sure! but if it were me i would tell her she will have to wear one all too soon and she will hate it so she may want to hold off but if she insists why not!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 3:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No offense. But everything in your statement I have a problem with. Everything we do as parents plays a part in how our children grow up into adults. Instead of just dealing with the tooth issue you "bribe" her and give her something just because other kids have them. If you start this kind of thing you will be dealing with it for along time to come. If she is developing and NEEDS the bra that's one thing but it shouldn't be used to get her to do something. I totally agree with your hubby and in laws. I think that if you are also second guessing your decision that you probably already know that it wasn't a good decision.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010