I'm suing your A**!!

Do you ever look around at the things in your life....and wonder if/who you could sue? LOL

Our apartment has termites and even though we told them about it a month ago, they still haven't fixed it. I was sitting outside thinking about it and started wondering that if they spread to our furniture I could probably sue for damages.

I do that all the time, wonder about if I sued about this or that, would I win? Most of the time I DO think I could win, especially because of all the stupid things people are suing over these days...and winning.

Deathlilly

Asked by Deathlilly at 3:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's people like you who push up the cost of living!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Wow, taking it personal much anon? I never said I acted on it, just wondered.
    Deathlilly

Comment by Deathlilly (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I wonder that about a lot of things too. I never follow through because the time and money it would take are probably not going to pay off in the end.
    popcornlover

Answer by popcornlover at 3:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I will think about that stuff because there is some pretty stupid stuff that goes on. we have roaches in our rented house and the landlord tried to say they were water bugs.. blah, blah, blah.. I wouldnt ever actually sue but the thought of it is entertaining esp after those stupid lawsuits that get won all the time (HOT coffee anyone?)
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Nope...never thought about suing anyone. Its just a waste of time.And rather irresponsible. But I guess it could be an easy way to make a few bucks,HUH? Like the woman who sued McDonalds becssue she spilled hot coffee on her legs as she drove off ......dumb. SHe won though and I think that was the beginning of people trying their luck at suing and bilking people and companies out of money. Personally, I prefer to work for my money.
    As far as the Termites, you could go to the city or county offices and inform them that your landlord is negligent and see if they will help you. That might be the better way. OR you could move.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I was being sued by my daughters boyfriend who she hated when she died. Her son was hurt in the car accident also, he signed the baby out for the bills, he wouldn't talk to us could have had the bills paid for. When I wouldn't; pay he sued me. He signed the paper to get him out & pay, he should have read what he was signing. Want's $50,000.00 for a $20,000.00 bill .Not quite sure what the extra is for, but if it's for my Gr-son he'd keep it, he sure didn't think she was worth much. I gladly give it to him, not the boyfriend. No, I haven't thought of suing, but I have had to out of necessity, because of a drunk hitting my husband head on driving south of a north bound lane at night, caught him on a curve, and was NOT insured. Had to sue to get bills paid. Too much suing, HOT COFFEE and stupid stuff, just too much.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010