Entering Kindergarden?

My son is starting Kindergarden next week. This is my first child too so it's all brand new. We're so excited!!! Who else is starting Kindergarden? Are you prepared??

CarlyCo

Asked by CarlyCo at 3:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My kids liked Kindergarten because there is so much that they learn in that one year alone and all the activities they get to participate in too.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My only son starts tomorrow. We are vary excited but this is not the first time I have been through this so know what to expect. We have been ready for about a week now cause with two kids in school its a little bit more work lol. Congrats and hope his first day is wonderful!
    binder5

Answer by binder5 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My daughter is starting kindergarten too. But she's not my first, I also have a child going into 5th grade. I am prepared for her to start kindergarten.  I think because she's my second.

mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Well, if you're anything like I was...you will need a large box of kleenex and a good friend to listen to you. LOL. I was excited for her but when the time came and I dropped her off in the classroom I got so emotional, I could barely make it to the car before I broke down and cried all the way home. it really surprised me. I am not trying to ruin the first day because it really was soo much fun getting ready for it and exciting.And when she came home she was so excited and just loved her first day. But if you do get emotional don't think that you are the only one because I think it's very natural. I had alot of people tell me that while we were preparing her to start kindergarten.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My DS is starting at the end of the month he so excited about starting "big boy school"
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My son is starting kindergarten tomorrow. We are both excited but I am also a little sad.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Come join us in the Elementary School Kids group! Lots of great advice and support!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/41

Answer by rkoloms at 11:32 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• my daughter started on aug.3rd she is my first child she is having problems adjusting and i cried several days lol
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010