Do your kids listen to Eminem?

I like his music, don't get me wrong.
I just don't think its all that appropriate for my 10 year old.
But the booger somehow gets these cds and listend to them.
When I got up at 7 this morning, he was listening to music on a cd on his laptop with headphones and I could hear Eminem singing..."YOU MAKE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH, WHEN I SEE YOU I WANNA PUKE...YOU MAKE ME FUCKING SICK..YOU JUST MUST NOT KNOWWW"
LOL
That is bad!!! It was a burned cd, by the way..NOT one of mine. His dad doesnt think its a big deal for him to listen to it so he would give him a mix of cds that he made for him.
In one way..I don't want to stifle his need to listen to different types of music..he's always been into music,singing, intruments,writing songs and such. I encourage the variety...but those lyrics, I have to admit are pretty harsh for a kid, you think?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• IMO...I prefer to let them listen, see..whatever and talk to them and make sure they know right from wrong and how to function through me while still getting to see and hear things. My son listens to some other harsh stuff. But, he knows that just because it's sung doesn't make it ok. Like ICP..I mean wow on their words. But, we discuss it and he learns from the experience.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I dont mind now-same with Kid Rock.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 6:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yep. My kids aren't really old enough to pick their own music yet, so they listen to whatever I put on, and I listen to Eminem, so they do too...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

Same here
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2010