Do you think there is an influxe of women getting "tired" of being pregnant the last couple weeks is because we are able to find out so early now?

I mean finding out when you are pregnant 5 days before your missed period (about 3 1/2 weeks along). By the time you are in your 3rd tri, you feel like you have been pregnant forever.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Good question!

It might seem small, but could "avalanche" into emotional impatience, physical exhaustion, more-and-more unhelpful information...

Technological advancements have helped the rare complication, but overall, things are not great. Maternity care/outcomes in my country (United States) is rather crummy, and coincidentally, most expensive.

Knowing that you are pregnant is wonderful. Knowing how to roll with it is a responsibility.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• no, some people just don't enjoy being pregnant. i am one of them. i hate being pregnant. my body hurts, gets fat, and stretched out of shape. i am happy for those who love being pregnant, but i am not one of those people and i never will be
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think women have always "gotten tired of" pregnancy before it was over. The last month is quite uncomfortable for most women.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 4:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Maybe so. Considering I didn't know until I was 19 weeks. LOL So, I didn't get tired.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm on my third pregnancy.I'm tired of being pregnatn because it is hot as heck.I'm fat as hell,my feet are swollen,I'm a moody bitch,I can't drink a beer, I can't eat anything without getting heartburn,All I want to do is sleep,I'm tired of waddling, I would love to be able to run up and down the stairs again to get my cleaning done a lot quicker,I'd like to see my toes again without having to lift my feet up in the air...shoot..I'd like to see my "private area" again without having to lift up my belly and do an olympic move with my neck back and head just to see it! LOL
    Sigh. No, its not because of how early I found out.I found out with my 1st at 7 weeks and the waiting wasn't so bad.My 2nd I found out about 8 weeks, I became a little anxious toward the end(I WAS WAY FAT) but this time man..I'm just DONE!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think it's just normal, preparing us for the pain of childbirth. If we loved being pregnant 100% of the time, we wouldn't be so ready to get him out. It's natural to be sick of being pregnant and want to hold our little baby! It's the way God made us.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 5:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• no for me i just wanted to meet them
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i've been tired of being pregnant since i was 17 weeks cause i've been so darn uncomfortable. my ribs feel bruised, i'm fat and ready to hold my baby
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2010