Seriously, who does this? Incredibly mean, IMO!

SD lives with her BM. We get her 1/2 the summer. Well, her BM bought tickets to the Visa Championships(gymnastics). She was amazinly nice enough to let DH take SD to the Men's competitions, even though it was like pulling teeth to actually get the tix. So DH took her yesterday. BM wanted both days that the women compete(fine, she bought the tix, whatever). So DH takes her back to BM and gets asked to take some of SD's friends, because the mother is sick. So, I let him go, figuring he would see his DD. Turns out, her mother kept her home to play with her MUCH younger siblings. The younger girls, about SD's age were competing this afternoon. And then the babysitter is taking her tonight. WTF??? Seriously! The kids would have been happy to see their sis for a few hours before the meet and then at dinner. If she wasn't even going to take her, she should have just let HER father take her! Do you agree?

JGRIMMER

Asked by JGRIMMER at 3:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• well, I think she needs to re-evaluate the priorities. I think she really should have went with her dad, it wasn't fair to your SD.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 4:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yeah, I call that an asshole.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Wow that sucks. Just continue to be pleasant and loving to your SD and not let your frustrations about her BM to show.
    MrsKline

Answer by MrsKline at 4:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Sounds like it all about her needs!
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 4:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yeah, like yay.... her babysitter is home. I'm hoping that SD will follow through with her plans to move here, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I would never wish her mother on anyone!
    JGRIMMER

Comment by JGRIMMER (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2010