who had a husband who didn't want more kids but then changed his mind? i don't want to have another if i have to really talk him into it, only if we both really want another.

we have 2 kids. 1 is 3 years and 1 is only 3 months and i do not want any more anytime soon. but i feel pretty sure i would like to have a 3rd, but my husband is even more sure he doesn't want more

we both were thinking about just having the 1, but then i decided i did want 2 and a few months later he decided he wanted 2 too. i didn't try to talk him into it at all, just said that i thought i wanted 2 and didn't bring it up because i wasn't ready anyway

now i don't know if he'll change his mind, i'll change my mind, or i will just have to accept that 2 is it. also i haven't been on birth control for over 5 years and don't really want to go back on but i might. we do condoms/pull out/FA so definitely not 100% effective!

i love my kids, but i do feel like i'd like a 3rd child. we have 2 boys and i'd kind of like a 3rd boy. lol. or a daughter would be great too ideally, i'd want to have the 3rd in about 2-3 years i guess

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• idk, you both have alot of time to think about it then. but if you're not going to be using birthcontrol or condoms everytime, it might just happen so you might not need to convince him of anything lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I was the other way, I always knew I wanted kids, but I wanted to wait a couple years whereas my husband would have been happy to start trying on our honeymoon lol. But eventually I decided I'd like to start trying. My mom was also that way, my dad would have liked 13 kids, but my mom thought she was happy with 2 then she finally decided that they could try for a 3rd it took her a couple years (me and my youngest sister are 8 years apart), but maybe if you keep mentioning it your husband might come around.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• When I was prego with our second i said I was done. The pregancy was hard and changing diapers on a 2yo was the worse made me sick everytime. Then I had our second and knew right away I wanted a 3rd. DH agreed that some day he would like to have another but he kept changing his mind. I was on the mini pill for a while then DH deployed so I have been on nothing. We orginally were just going to let things happen when he got home but now we have decided to wait at least another 14months so I will be going back on BC becuase I hate condoms. My boys are now almost 4 and almost 18months, I am starting back to college next week and really want to be closer to starting my career when we have another child.
    momoftatertots

Answer by momoftatertots at 4:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010