How easy or hard is it to lose weight after pregnancy?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 4:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• for me personally it was and is hard. i am still trying to lose the baby weight from my second child that I had almost 5 months ago, but everyone is different. Some women lose it right away with little effort and for some women it takes a lot of hardwork.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 4:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If you breastfeed you will lose it FAST!!! I lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks.... otherwise I find it extremely hard!!! I quit breastfeeding 3 weeks ago and in a week and a half I had gained 3 lbs
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would say it depends on what you eat while you're pregnant and how much you gain. When I was pregnant, I ate right, drank lots of fluids and kept active. I gain 26 lbs and it was easy to loose. I was back in my pre-pregnancy pants in three weeks. They were a bit snug, but I could still wear them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i gained a LOT OF WEIGHT like... 60 lbs i know a lot was water weight though. I was horribly swollen. I lost it in...6 months all of it.back to the weight i was pre pregnancy but i still wanted to lost 20 lbs.. Im about 12 lbs in and its been 9 days. Its easy the diet im doing and ur always eating and its healthy! If u wanna kno how mssg me
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It depends on your body, how much weight you gained, how dedicated you are to lose weight, etc. It's different for everyone.
    For me the first 20-40 lbs (depend on what pregnancy we're talking about) were easy .. It's the rest that was hard.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think it depends on your metabolism and how much weight you gain during pregnancy. For me it was easy to lose baby weight. I was overweight when I got pregnant with our 1st son, and by the time he was about 6 months old I was 30 lbs lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. By the time he was a year old I was down 40 lbs. I'm now 6 months pregnant with our 2nd son and have gained a total of 3 lbs throughout this whole pregnancy. In fact at my doctors appointment this morning my doctor told me I need to gain some more weight because those 3 lbs are only baby & water weight...I'm not trying to not gain weight, I've just changed my eating habits completely since I got pregnant with our 1st son 4 years ago and my body is showing it! ha ha!
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 4:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I gained very little during my pregnancies - all between 14-22 lbs so it was really easy to lose. I was back to prepregnancy weight within usually 2 weeks.

Answer by missanc at 4:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• it was hard for me it jsut depends on yr body and i guess how hard u wrk to lose the weight
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• its been really hard for me....i gained alot of weight during my pregnancy. i realize now how important it is to eat smart during pregnancy, u shouldn't be dieting while pregnant of course but its good to watch what u are eating......i know i'll be aloooot smarter next time around
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010