Do you get professional pictures taken every year of your kids?

When I was younger, my parents only got pictures once a year and they were school pictures. My DD will be two tomorrow and we get professional pics taken twice a year. Once for her birthday and then again for Christmas (but we get the whole family in there).

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ya its expensive at times but so worth it(i cannot do it myself lol) it was about 75 bucks each sitting but so wouldn't trade it!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No. I have a nice Cannon Rebel Slr camera. I can photo edit myself and prefer to do my own pics. If we want a family pic...I will go to a friend of mine who is professional photographer.  I can take my son outside to take pics, inside,etc.  I like the freedom of doing my own. 

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We just do his school pics

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We did up until he started school.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We try to every year. Either we get the whole family at Christmas or Easter plus pictures of just the kids around their birthdays. Their birthdays are all 2 weeks apart so we do it all at once.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• are main goal is to get them done for birthdays, but when our first child was born we got the done 3 times the first year and then once a year after that. Our second child is 5 months old and we have yet to get pictures taken but we will soon. When we get pictures done we always get a family protrait taken no matter what the occasion is for the picture taking.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 4:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have a 10 year old and when she was a baby, I got professional pics of her at least twice a year. Now I have 3 other kids and none of them have professional pictures. I guess you can say some are professional because they were taken by my father-in-law who is a professional photographer. And I have wedding pictures of the kids, does that count? I just think professional pictures are too expensive nowadays and take pictures myself instead.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yes with my daughter i got professionals done at 3/6/9 months and 1 yr and then will be doing it at 2 yrs/3/yrs ect and the baby to be will be same pattern :)
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I got a set done when he was 1.5years. I do Santa every year, and try to do the Easter Bunny, but missed last year. He got his first pre-school pics last year, and they were SOOOOO cute! All the other pics are by me, I took photography all throughout HS and 1 semester in College(real film and everything! LOL). I think I do a pretty god job and with all the new stuff you can do, like make books through Kodak, I find no need for professional pics.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If I didn't do my own then I would.
    When I had my first son I took him to the studio once a month his entire first year. I have a zillion photos of him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010