How long did it take for you to get pregnant?

How long did it take for you to get pregnant after you stopped useing a contraceptive? What was the contraceptive? I was on the pill for 20 months after i had my first son and it took 6 months to get pg with second son. I was on the pill for 12 mths after i had my second son and i just stopped taking the pill about a month ago so we will see how long it takes this time. We arent trying for another one but forsurely are preventing another one either. We just want to let god take his course and let us know when we are ready for another one.

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I did not use contraceptives so I just became pregnant without planning on it.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Within a month or two I was. As soon as I moved into my house we decided to just let things happen. The next month I was pregnant. With the second it did not take long. Once we started counting, boom I ended up pregnant.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It only took my niece about a month after BC pills and this is her 1st. I had the patch and tried on and off for about a year. I kept changing my mind on when I wanted to get pregnant. LOL
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• with my first child it took 2 1/2 years went on mirena went off it and took 6 months then
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We didn't use contraceptives, we just did the rhythm method/pull out method and go pregnant the first month we tried
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I was on the regular birth control at the time. The one you have to take daily. I stoped taking the pill and I never had a period. So, to get pregnant it took about a month I will say.

Answer by louise2 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Well not long for #1, 14 yrs for # 2 with a miscarriage in between at the 4yr mark and then 5 more yrs fr #3
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i stopped taking the pill in nov. we used condoms until jan. and I was pregnant in feb. :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• After we stopped the condoms,I got pregnant within 2 months

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• With my first it took about 2 years, my 2nd it took about 2 month, my 3rd was conceived while on the minipill, my 4th it took one month, and my 5th was conceived while on the minipill (yes, i took it at the same time everyday - obviously it just doesn't work for me!)

Answer by missanc at 5:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010