10 month old and tubes

My 10 month old daughter is getting tubes in her ears after having six ear infections in a five month period... How many of you have experienced tubes with a young one and what are the pros and cons?

Mameech1

Asked by Mameech1 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My first daughter got tubes around that age. The cons of course were no more ear infection. The bad thing is I hated seeing her be put to sleep and so disoriented coming out of it. I cried!
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• "pros" were no more infections
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• They can still get an ear infection its just not likely. My son got them in a year ago and has had 1 ear infection since. He would used to get them back to back. The whole disorientation after waking up after surgery was the worst part. He cried and didnt understand what was going on. It only lasted about 20 min and he calmed dow TOTALLY worth it!!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 9:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I worked in a daycare in the 1 year old room and there was a little boy there who was 16 months & was always sick & didn't walk. He had tubes put in & he started walking and talking in a week! It was an amazing transformation
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My DD was 2 1/2 years. She had one infection after getting them but all we had to do is put drops in her ears. There weren't any cons for us. Now she is 7 and we are going to an ENT in a few weeks to see if she needs them again. She's got another infection that won't clear up. =(
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010