have u been christened / baptised?

san78

Asked by san78 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was baptized catholic, raised christian. Mom wanted me to "have a choice" as I grew, so she had me baptized at the catholic church where she went to school growing up.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 4:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes, my parents had me baptized as a baby. Creepy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes, my parents had me baptized as a young child- too young to understand the implications. I never would have consented to it on my own.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• nope.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• baptized at 8 against my own will. I didn't want it done but my parents and bishop forced me. I hit my head because I struggled to get away
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yes I was baptized when I was 14
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yes, baptised into the catholic church 3 months after i was born, as were all my sisters. only my oldest daughter is baptised though because the rules concerning who can baptise are stupid and we didn't really have anyone to baptise our other two kids :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes, I was baptized Catholic, but I had my son and SD baptized Protestant. We aren't religious, so I went with my In-laws church, my FIL was Deacon at the time, so it made things REAL easy!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I was baptized at 8. It didn't stick, I'm an atheist.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes. Twice actually lol. I was "baptized" when I was 4 and had no idea what sin was, and a Catholic priest sprinkled water on my head. I got baptized (fully in water) in June. That was when I actually sat down and read the Bible and realized that I was living a life that was not pleasing to God or myself. I had all of that filth washed away and I'm much happier with my life now. It feels like I'm wearing a new dress that I don't want to soil lol.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 4:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010