Want a perm, have never had one before.

Any tips? How do I know exactly which type of perm I want? Is there a site or something I can go to and see the different kinds? Tired of my straight hair! Help? :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• a stylist can offer you all this during a consultation. They also know your face shape, and hair type so will be able to suggest the best types of perms and styles for YOU..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• go to a salon plz, do not do it urself. they will have books as well.
    modaddict17

Answer by modaddict17 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If your going to get one get ready to maintain it. You must take very good care of perm hair. I've had it done a few times and just got tired of it. I had spiral perm done.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Definitely take in pictures to your stylist as to what type of curl you want (loose, tight, spiral, etc.) so they know what type of rollers to put in.

Answer by missanc at 8:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i have had my hair permed when i turned 18 and i am now about to turn 27 later on this month. when i got mine done from my old roommate it stayed in my hair which is weird specailly when i bought the kit that was only for 6 months. so thats some time.
    heavenlove83

Answer by heavenlove83 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Def. go to a salon. They will know what your hair can handle and whats best for your hair.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2010