Give me your favorite (easy/medium/cheap) casseroles!!!

For any meal!! I start cooking in September (I've always had the ability, and I cook well, I just haven't much) to save money and be healthier. Thank you so much mommies!!!! OH, I'm allergic to seafood.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 4:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Noodle casserole: 1pkg egg noodles, 1lb ground beef/turkey/whatever u prefer, 1can of corn, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of chicken soup, toasted bread crumbled... cook meat, mix in soups and corn, cook noodles mix everything together in casserole dish cover with bread crumbs. i THINK my MIL puts sour cream in the mix too to make it more creamy and she also puts lots of butter over the toast on top, we usually cut those out to make it healthier, but using some spray butter or a little bit of butter on the toast does make it taste better :) oh yeah, just put in oven on 350 or so until heated all the way through.
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Hoppin John (any meat)

4 cans black eyed peas
    1 pound meat
    2 cans diced tomatoes (I usually add one that has jalapeno's in it)
    1can beef broth
    1 cup onion
    1 green pepper
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 family size boil in bag rice

Put all ingredients in a crock pot, cook meat and add, cook on low for 6 hours and then add rice and cook another 30 min on high.

Very cheap and easy and will feed your family for a few days.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Overnight French Toast
    2 large apples - peeled, cored and sliced
    3 Tbsp butter or margarine
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 cup dry sweetener of your choice
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1 cup apple juice
    1/2 cup plant or animal milk (I use vanilla soy)
    1/2 cup yogurt (I use vanilla)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    4-6 thick slices of day old bread
    In a saucepan, cook the apples in the butter/margarine until they start to soften. Add the cinnamon, dry sweetener, syrup and cook until the apples are nice and soft. Pour into the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan. In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients except bread. Dip the bread into the milk/yogurt mix and layer on top of the apple mix. Pour the remaining milk mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate.
    In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 F. uncover the baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes

Answer by rkoloms at 6:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Chicken & Broccoli Cheese Casserole What you need1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cubed 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut up 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, divided 1 cup coarsely crushed RITZ Crackers (about 20 crackers) Make It
    ARRANGE broccoli in single layer in lightly greased 2-quart oblong baking dish; top with chicken and VELVEETA.

MELT butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over casserole.

BAKE at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• These are great! I wish I had one to share...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Get a large potato for each person, a decent-quality sausage and a package of frozen chopped spinach. Peel the potatoes if you're into that, and chunk 'em up into bite-size pieces. Cut the sausage up into bite-size pieces too. Coat the potato pieces in a bit of olive oil and hit them with some salt, pepper and garlic powder. Put the potatoes and sausage into a flat pan, cover it with foil and bake at 400 dgerees for 30 minutes. Take the cover off and stir it all about, add the frozen spinach, re-cover and give it 15 more minutes. Take off the cover, stir it again and bake it for another 15-20 minutes. It's cheap, easy and kids like it. You can add in some chopped onion and/or celery if you like those flavors as well.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2010