do you believe in hell?if not why dont you and do you have scriptures to back it up

marykaysauer

Asked by marykaysauer at 5:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope.

I'm not Christian, I don't believe in the Bible, and even if I was and I did, I don't belive in using circular logic.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 6:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i'm wondering why anyone who didn't believe in hell(or heaven, or God, for that matter) would even try to use scripture to back up their belief? isn't that contradictory?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If I remember correctly, there are several sects of Judeo-Christian faiths that do not believe in hell.

Judaism is one of them, Mormonism is another.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 6:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i did not know that.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i read that jw's dont believe in hell and they say they have scrip to back it up

anyone know what it is?
    marykaysauer

Answer by marykaysauer at 6:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I DO BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE AND IF U READ IT AND LOOK AROUND U WOULD BELIEVE IT TOO AND WHOEVER DONT BELIIEVE IN THE BIBLE OR HEAVEN OR HELL THEY WILL ONE DAY WHEN JUST COMES BACK ON THE CLOUDS OF GLORY AND ALL WHO ARE SAVED WILL BE CALLED UP IN THE AIR TO MEET OUR LORD AND THOSE TO DONT BELIEVE WILL GOING GOING THROW ALOT HERE ON EARTH FOR 7YEARS . THEN JESUS COMES BACK AND JUDGES EVERYONE ON THE WORKS THAT THEY HAVE DONE FOR HIM AND THOSE WHO DONT BELIEVE WILL BE CAST IN THE FIRE WITH SATAN. THE BIBLE SAYS EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND EVERY TOUNGE CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD OF LORDS..............................
    Anonymous

• i don't believe in any of it but i will throw scriptures at religious people who can't practice what they preach. Though i will never use scriptures to back up my own beleifs.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 6:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Yes I do.
    When someone questions the fact and reality of Hell, he's actually questioning the authority of the Bible, and the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. The Christian faith is all tied up together, and when it is attacked at one point, it becomes vulnerable at all. It holds together beautifully.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I am not christian I am pagan... BUT I do have the scriptures to back it up! IF anyone choses to care I can list them. If however this will be like the first one like this I answered and all you want to do is tell me why I'm wrong I will not waist the time to type them all out...

Let me know if you really care...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You know, its answers like the Anonymous one above that remind me of exactly why I am NOT Christian and DON'T believe in the Bible...

and, if there WAS a hell, I would be more than happy to be there with people like Ghandi, Cicero, Epicurius, Julian, Voltaire, Byron, Shelley, Sarte, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, James Madison, Thomas Paine, Charles Darwin, TH Huxley, Andrew Carnegie, Samuel Clemens, Karl Popper, Joseph Campbell, Isaac Asimov, Carl Sagan , John Lennon, Robert Frost, Susan B Anthony, etc, etc

considering that more people have been killed in the name of Christ than any other belief system, I'm not sure would want to hang out with his followers for all eternity anyhow...
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 6:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2008