Has anyone had a child with a bifid earlobe?

My son was born 7/19/10 with a bifid earlobe. His dr. doesn't have much info and the net hasn't given me much. We are wanting it fixed, but don't know much about it.
Any help or info apperciated.

CBarnett25

Asked by CBarnett25 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dont know what that is so I'll bump
    MelaniesMama

Answer by MelaniesMama at 4:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I don't know what it is either, but I would talk to whoever your specialist is whether it is an ENT or a surgeon and get more info. I will also give you a bump.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I found quite a bit of information with just a quick google search. Is there some specific piece of information that you're looking for that you're not finding?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I was wondering if anyone had personal experience because the stuff I found is on net is more for a torn earlobe not a earlobe that looks as if there are 2 from a malformation.
    CBarnett25

Comment by CBarnett25 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Oh, personal experience. I've got none with that. Sorry. Good luck.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I know this post is 3 years old, but did you ever find any information about it? Did you have it repaired? My daughter was born 6/13/13 with a bifid earlobe.
    ard004

Answer by ard004 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• To ard004 > I had a plastic surgeon fix it but had to wait until he turned 12 months. His ear lobe looked like he had a second one growing. They dr. Who fixed his ear done a whats called a flap and for most part it looks normal just a tiny scar and a little thiner. The dr. Wanted to wait til he was about 4 or 5 but thankfully I work at a hospital and told him I wanted ASAP and I would bring him back if I felt I needed a second correction. I hope that helped a little.

ard004 wrote on August 10 2013 5:53 PM

Was wondering if you ever had the bifid earlobe taken care of. My daughter was just born with the same thing!
    CBarnett25

Comment by CBarnett25 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Thanks! I've found a doctor that will repair it anytime after 6 months of age. She is missing a little tissue so they may have to do the other side to make them look more uniform.
    ard004

Answer by ard004 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2013