When do you start to train a puppy?

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pets

• As soon as you get it.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Right away! We got our 1 year old dog from a rescue and waited a week for him to get used to our home before we started training him, though.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We got our puppy at 8 weeks and started the day we brought her home. If you crate train it's a lot easier, and less mess on your floors and carpets. Good luck, it takes patience.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We brought our puppy home when she was 9 weeks, and started training her right away
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 5:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• As soon as I bring them home
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• As soon as you bring them home. I had my Boxer trained to sit within a day of getting him at eight weeks old. By the time he was 12 weeks he knew sit, down, shake, off, leave it. He also knew how to fetch and how to walk pretty well on leash.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Right away!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• ASAP< the day you bring it home.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My puppy was being trained by my husband's aunt prior to us getting him at 8 weeks. We got him and he was already using the puppy pads. He is 3 and a half months now and getting ready to start going outside. He is a smaller breed, so he has a smaller bladder...it is a little hard for him to make it to our back door...but he is getting closer :)
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2010