another uniform question?

Why is the most common argument that it takes away from the child's creativity or style? They only go to school for 8 hours 180 days out of a 360 days a year. Most working adults are wearing a uniform or under a very strict dress code year round! I just don't understand the argument. (that one specifically)

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in

• Exactly!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I like the idea of uniforms! There is less focus on the clothing being worn and more focus on the education!
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Jobs with uniforms:
    Doctor
    Nurse
    Fast food
    Sales (HH Gregg, Best Buy)
    vets office
    dentist
    some day cares
    UPS
    Fed EX
    US Postal service
    Grocery Stores (Publix, kroger)
    Movie theater
    .....

Yeah a lot of adults DO wear uniforms. SO do my kids. You only have to buy a few extra shirts and pants/skirts. like 3 of each, it's tax deductible.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think its a waste of money. Not only do you have to buy the uniforms but you have to buy clothes your child will like to wear after school and on the weekends. Most adults dont wear uniforms they stick to a dress code just like kids in school. I only wore a uniform when I worked at a fast food joint when I was in high school.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Don't get it either. Outside of school ds wears T-Shirts and jeans; his school uniform is simple. When he was in a school without uniforms I need separate school clothes anyway because his play clothes all ended up stained or with spots.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 5:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I wish our schools had uniforms!

Answer by missanc at 5:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I so wish our school had uniforms. Clothes do not make the person--except in middle school!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You totally left Police and Fire Dept off the Uniform list!!!

My child goes to a private school and I love the uniforms. How many stories do we all hear on the news about the kid who is in rehab, or dead, or facing assult charges because they were bullied at school because mom and dad can't afford to by the $100 shoes or jeans or hoodie? Why do kids have to compete and hate just because they wore the wrong style shirt? I LOVE uniforms.

I spent 12 years wearing one to school, and I loved it.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 8:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• And military! add that to the list!! :0)
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I am all for uniforms. My son is going to a high school that has uniforms and I am happy about it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

Next question in
back to school backgrounds

Next question overall (Pets)
When do you start to train a puppy?