My 2 yr old doesnt speak in sentences yet. Am i alone?

Should i worry? she turned 2 july 8th

mommy2b0805

Asked by mommy2b0805 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm right there with you. My daughter will be 3 in November and I still don't understand half of what she says. She's in the early intervention program the the state provides for free no matter what you income is. It's free up until they are 3 years old.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• hm.. i will have to look into that. im worrying.
    mommy2b0805

Comment by mommy2b0805 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My son just turned 2 July 23rd and he doesn't speak in sentences. I am not worried. As long as he's saying stuff.
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my son was like that they checked him said he was delayed and now 21/2 he can talk your ear off with sentances just make sure your watching and understading new words and im sure you will be okay i think its like a first born thing!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 5:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• mommy2b0805 just google "Early Intervention near _______(insert zipcode) Just remember that for when you think he needs help. GL
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thank you so much. i will def be looking into it!
    mommy2b0805

Comment by mommy2b0805 (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i babysit a 4yo that still does not talk in full sentences (usually 5 words are great!)...
    I worry but im just the babysitter! :(

Id rather get her checked with a GOOD doctor than pass it by.. The sooner the better for them to help her out! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• talks so that 75 to 80 percent of his speech is understandable
    talks in complete sentences of 3-5 words. "Mommy is drinking juice. There's a big dog."
    stumbles over words sometimes - usually not a sign of stuttering

thats what I copied off a site.. my 2 year ols is half of that.. i think its ok cuz he knows his letters (hell point them out) same with colors and shapes, just the talking is slow.. im not worried right now, but i got him more into books so hopefully by 3 he will be talking
    Dizzler

Answer by Dizzler at 5:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yea shes says alot of single words. and she answers question. like how old are you. what is your name. and what animal is it. she points out trees and houses and geese and ducks and dogs and knows her gpparents pets by name. she also knows words in spanish. im just worried that she doesnt put more than one word together.
    mommy2b0805

Comment by mommy2b0805 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• she sounds smart to me.. LOL she'll catch on quick, to my son everyone and their dads is called mommy LOL I think she is fine, just wait and watch shell wake you up ((Mommy get up out of the bed)) LOL
    Dizzler

Answer by Dizzler at 5:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2010