If you have anxiety attacks,

how do you describe your symptoms? Do you take something everyday for anxiety, or just when you have an attack? Do you not take anything?

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Health

• i WAS PUT ON A DAILY MEDICATION, HOWEVER IT MADE ME VIOLENT SO NOW i DON'T TAKE ANYTHING.... sorry about the caps lol.... my symptoms... My minds starts racing, my body goes numb, my heart races, I get really shaky and feel like I can't breath, sometimes my chest hurts, I had to call 911 once before.... they are horrible and I'm sorry if your dealing with it....hugs

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• heart racing, mind racing, cant stop my thoughts from going to the extreme, worrying about things that have a really small or impossible chance of happening, hands shake, and i usually pace. its a very "in my head" kinda thing, thats were most of my symptoms start but i cant really describe them.

i dont take any medication. i went the therapy route and read several books on relaxation techniques and how to stop negative thought processes. its helped a lot, but so has lowering my stress levels. my anxiety is more nurture and less nature, so pills wouldnt do all that much for me.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My symptoms are different at different times I think. Today I wrote them down. It felt like something was stuck in my throat, just not literally, which is hard to describe. My head felt pressurized like it was going to bust. I was angry, panicked and tense. The muscles in my body were tense but not the same as if you voluntarily tense them. It also felt like someone was choaking me, like from behind. With their thumbs on the base of my skull. I do have ativan, but it didn't make it all go away. It usually does. Nothing specific happened to bring on the attack, nothing usually does. I was on my way to massage therapy. It kinda hurt, it felt like there were small golf balls in my back, some muscles were so tense.
    Sometimes I start to hyperventilate. But not today. I'm glad I don't always have all the symptoms. I hate anxiety attacks. Breathing exercises haven't worked for me. Therapy hasn't, can't find a good therapist yet.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Magnesium deficiency is a very common cause of anxiety.

there is a wonderful book by Clare Weeks called No More Panic; you should be able to find it at your local library

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010