How Do I Get My Little Man To Go Potty?

If he is naked, he will run to the bathroom and go on his little chair. however, fully clothed, he wont! he wont tell me has has to go OR goes.. so a lot of little boy underwear are in the trash due to "stains" So what can I do to boost up his enterest, by A LOT?????? I have book, a talking tolet, we sing, and he has a car's theme seat.. NOTHING!! Please help..

Dizzler

Asked by Dizzler at 5:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put cheerios in the potty and tell him its a game.... aim at the little targets. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 5:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• LOL I saw that on a youtube video.. Im not sure I want to use breakfast foods, next thing you know, he'll be peeing in his bowl!
    Dizzler

Comment by Dizzler (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• A friend of mine did hte nakes method and had this problem. She has re-train him almost. That being said...my son potty trained himself. I will bump you though! Maybe other moms has some suggestions. I used the cheerios and NO he did not pee in his bowl. lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I took mine and had him try every 15 minutes until it was routine. Then, i upped it to 30 minutes and kept it up until he asked me or went himself. It took 4 days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• haha maybe ill try the cherrie o's and diffintly try the routine, he learned the word no and it's such an ugly word coming from his mouth LOL and thats the answer I always get when ask him if he has to go potty.. lol
    Dizzler

Comment by Dizzler (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We reward my son by going with candy! He never gets candy any other time... and if he goes on the potty he gets 2-3 Reece's pieces.
    We started with rewarding just sitting and trying to go potty with 1 candy. Then when he finally went we made a BIG deal about it and he got like 5 candies to know it was a BIG deal!! He made the connection and started going on the potty! :)
    You could use other things too... it doesn't have to be candy... stickers might work or whatever you think your son would be into.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My son is turning 3 in NOV and no amount of underpants or pottys or treats or cheerio's or games or books or songs or ANYTHING makes him not wet himself or poop himself.. I don't know what to do - if I ask him where the pee and poop goes, he tells me in the potty - he just won't do it - I have to bring him because asking him does NO good, he will say he doesn't have to go and then wet or poop himself... NOTHING with this child is easy I swear
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010