Anyone ever heard.....

of a doctor saying you're full term at 36 weeks??? I know a girl who said her doctor told her she's full term and if she goes into labor, they're not going to stop her. Anyone heard of that?

lovinthislife08

Asked by lovinthislife08 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no i never heard that
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• 37,yes technically. No they usually wont stop your labor at 36 weeks.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My doc said that they wouldn't stop my labor after 36 wks because of the plus/minus factor in due dates and that a baby born at 36 week can be just as healthy as a 40 wk old. But they won't induce unless it is an emergency until 39 wks.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think that makes sense, I think it just means that the baby is fully developed and it wouldn't be born as a preemie. I believe that most woman are at "term" at 36 weeks maybe it was 37 weeks. But they aren't going to worry about you not going into labor until like 42 weeks. They don't know the exact time a baby was conceived and each baby grows at it's own pace and the like to leave it up to your body to know when it's done. That's just what I know from a little research my husband and I did on the subject a few weeks back, and I may not be recalling everything with 100% accuracy.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• She's probably super embarrassed. :(
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My doctor told me that if I went into labor after the day I was considered 36 weeks she wouldn't try to stop my labor.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• See, I'm asking because I think she's lieing to everyone about WHEN she got pregnant. Her family doesn't believe in sex before marriage so I think she's making up the due date and everything.... She's already dialated 1cm and having contractions that started last week.....
    lovinthislife08

Comment by lovinthislife08 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• She's making it look like she got pregnant on her honeymoon.....
    lovinthislife08

Comment by lovinthislife08 (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• urkiddingright, I agree.....her parents are VERY religious and her gpa is a preacher. I knew she was having sex before she got married with other guys besides her now husband......her family thought she did no wrong and still do. Plus she posted something on a thing called freecycle looking for baby items 2 weeks after she got married because they were expecting their first child. I asked her about it and she said she didn't post it but I know she did because it shows you their email.
    lovinthislife08

Comment by lovinthislife08 (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Well, she's the one who has to live with the consequences of that if it all comes out. Hopefully the baby won't be treated badly by her family. She obviously doesn't share their beliefs.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 6:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010