Why do school supply list have to have hard to find items???

My second child is starting kindergarten and she needs these dab and stick glue sticks and of course I can't find them. What about the regular glue sticks? OMG
I have 2 kids in school this year, wow it's a lot of stuff to buy.

mommyfox03

Asked by mommyfox03 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in

• fortunately we have a pretty basic list, but what I found the MOST useful is to google hard to find items, find a retailer, ask them to hold them for you and go pick them up! so much easier.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yes! Google is your friend!! LOL..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I did and still can't find stores that sell it. I am not ordering it and paying all that money for shipping.
    mommyfox03

Comment by mommyfox03 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'd get regular glue sticks. If they want to be soo picky then they can provide them themselves. They all glue right!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Here is what it is- http://www.mardel.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=360594. I have seen these in the craft aisles at Wal-Mart. Do you have a Hobby Lobby or Micheal's near you? They should also have them there as well.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• regular glue sticks are fine. If I remember the dab and stick is more of a roller style tip on the glue stick.

My son needs "Red marking pencils". They trade papers in school and grade quizes and stuff, they are not "colored pencils" but a teachers marking pencil which you can only get at a teachers supply store. I am lucky though, my school hosts a stationary sale the week before school and they will have 1 table per grade set up and one each table is EVERYTHING they need. The pencils are only 0.10 each, so I will just wait and get them there
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 8:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I checked Michaels
    mommyfox03

Comment by mommyfox03 (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• When there are items that are hard to find, I get the closest thing, I have never had a teacher have problems with it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• The red marking pencils are at Walmart year-round, I get mine there all the time. Teacher's often ask for things that they know will work better than others for the specific uses they have in mind. BUT, if you really can't find an item talk with your child's teacher and let them know. I would never expect a parent to special order an item, but I am happy to tell them where I know they can get it locally.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Luckily my daughters list is pretty basic. Only thing specific is crayola or prang watercolors, otherwise it's all whatever.
    mama2my2girls

Answer by mama2my2girls at 12:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010