struggle with my past alot, my husband tells me to "just move on".....its hard though, how do i move on?

mamaleila

Asked by mamaleila at 5:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• You move on by focusing on the good in your life now... we are out of the past......and in the present.... If you find yourself dwelling on something from your past...... take notice of it....and tell yourself...STOP....and then...take control and focus on something positive. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 5:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• And by understanding that you are changing always and that you are worth everything good in your life.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It depends on what is in your past. There are some things that one needs help in getting past, and it is not always so easy as to "just get over it." Some things have to be brought out into the open, looked at, dealt with, and then and only then can we get past them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Counseling helps too ;)...
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I also struggled with my past- Mostly about my parents making me feel my sister was " Ms. Perfect " and i was just someone that lived in their house- When my kids were little, i Crashed- i started therapy b/c i was determined my kids would grow - up knowing that they were Both the very best thing that would ever happen in my life- it took a long time for me to Move On & realize i could not do anything to change the Past, but my Future could be exactly the way i wanted- It was the best feeling when i finally could Just Let It Go! i don't know what your issues are but, if they are interferring with your life & marriage maybe; you should look into therapy- Sometimes, we just need a little help to work through our problems- Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 5:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You can't change the past, it's done and gone, so let it go. You don't know what's in the future so don't worry about it either. Just live for the day your in and cherish the family that loves you now,, because who knows if tomorrow will come.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• All good thought provoking answers: ) I dont know if I cant or maybe I just dont want to but I cant seem to move on and leave everything. Certainly is worthy of further time to think.
    mamaleila

Comment by mamaleila (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• THERAPY.
    Heres a little about me, I didn't havea great childhood, and when I hit about 25 it seemed to hit me like a ton of bricks, I became angry and hurt and full of questions of why this had to happen. I was diagnosed with PTSD, yes what most VETS get. One day my therapist explained it great to me, he told me PTSD is a grieving process your upset about what happened, upset about the future you cant have, upset about the memories your stuck with. Being told this made it so much easier to start to heal from it.

I think you need therapy cause things like this you cant just get over, you need to talk about them and give yourself some time to even focus on these hurtful things, write about it and ask those questions and then later you might be able to give yourself answers like I was able too.

Good luck, and don't beat yourself up over this its totally normal to get stuck, its what we do when we get stuck that matters.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 6:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Thanks whoreallycares!
    mamaleila

Comment by mamaleila (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2010