Should I bring it to my boss's attention that there was a mistake on my paycheck?

I just started a job and the way that the paycheck ending dates are I only got 2 hours and 45 minutes on my first paycheck. Well, I got my first paycheck today and I noticed that my boss had put down for total number of hours worked as 2.45 and then multiplied it by my hourly rate. It should have been 2.75 instead of 2.45. It's only a $2.70 difference and I feel kind of silly bringing this to his attention, however, what if it wasn't a one time mistake and has actually been doing this with all of the paychecks and employees? Should I wait to see next week's paycheck and see if it is done correctly or should I bring it to his attention now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Let your boss know.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i'd let him know
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't. It will create a bad impression that you are nitpicking over a mistake that equates to less than $3, especially since you have just started.
    MrsKline

Answer by MrsKline at 5:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would let him know.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yes let him know so he wont make the mistake in the future
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

•  Let your boss know. It'll probably help them look out for mistakes like that in the future if you bring it to his attention.

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 5:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Are you sure the boss made the mistakes and not someone in bookkeeping? I would bring it up.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes, he made the mistake because he is the one that does payroll. It is a very small business.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You need to tell him, otherwise over time you will lose a lot more then $3!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• why should it be 2.75 instead of 2.45? The way I read that is 2.45 would be equal to 2hrs and 45 mins and 2.75 would be equal to 3hrs and 15 mins.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010